Wishful Wednesday on Friday
I could wish for world peace. How boring is that? I mean do I really give you the impression I could pull off a beauty contestant or peace ambassador? I wish I had the winning number for that 425 million dollar jackpot last week. Oh don't act like you weren't sitting home watching the balls drop hoping it was you. I bet some of you already had your letters of resignation written.
As school starts again I have some good old fashioned wishes that aren't much different then the wishes I had as a kid getting ready to start school. I want to be the best in my class. Number 2 is great but I do wish I was number 1.
I wish my first book of poetry A Stroke of Life and my first novel Prey for ME and Pray for Them would appear on the New York Times' bestseller list at the same time.
This is something I didn't even have to think about as a kid, and I really wish our kids didn't have to think about it either. This isn't a wish, I pray that we can make it through the entire school year without one school shooting. Our babies are our future and we have to protect them. The angels lost can never be forgotten.
I wish we lived on a world where racism wasn't still so rampant. I wish people didn't believe just because our Commander in Chief is black that racism is over. It's no. It's alive and well and tonight my biggest wish is that we could all come together, put all the hate and hurt behind us. I wish we could have a funeral for racism and hate and bury them once for all.
Those are my wishes for this Wednesday, even though I didn't get around to them until Friday. Peace Love and Style.
- Advice For Everyone: Stop Wishing (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Beautiful: Stop Wishing. Start Doing. (christainnewyork.com)
- If I Had One Wish (nrhatch.wordpress.com)
- Are you wishing your life away? (daphnegan.wordpress.com)
- From World Peace to the Impossible. (sailingthroughmindsisland.wordpress.com)
- bucketlist (jacksnotebooks.wordpress.com)
- Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams (homephilly.wordpress.com)
- The Gig is Up, I'm not Perfect (astrokeoflife.wordpress.com)
- Road Trip (astrokeoflife.wordpress.com)